Help adding To: and CC: to message body

2004-10-14 15:04:16

I tried looking in the Archives but I'm not super handy with regular expressions so looking for "How to add To: and CC: to message body" brought up about every message. So I have a recipe that works but it only seems to work for plain text emails. If emails are MIME encoded (marked up emails like from outlook) it doesn't work since it's more like HTML behind the scenes. Has someone been able to get this to work? You can see my lame attempt and putting in some html type markup but it didn't work. Any pointers are appreciated.

-Chris

# Begin rc.to_n_body

# Capture the To line and put it in TOWHO
:0
* ^To:\/.*
{ TOWHO=$MATCH }

# Capture the CC line and put it in CCWHO
:0
* ^CC:\/.*
{ CCWHO=$MATCH }

# Insert into the message
:0 fhw
  | cat - ; echo " To: $TOWHO\n CC: $CCWHO \n\n"

## HTML version
#:0 fhw
#  | cat - ; echo "<x-html><html><font face="Times New Roman, Times" size=4>"
#  | cat - ; echo "To: $TOWHO<br> CC: $CCWHO<br>"
#  | cat - ; echo "</font></html></x-html>"

# End rc.to_n_body