formail error 74 ??

2004-10-22 06:27:46
Can anyone help me determine why I get an rc=74 from the following:

formail <mailbox -s formail -cf -X 'X-Spam-Status' ; echo $?

It seems to do I what I asked, except it returns 74.  From the source code:
74 is an EX_IOERR, which is returned  when 'split' is negative, which only
happens if ' fclose(mystdout)==EOF||errout==EOF '.  It looks like errout is
never used, which leads me to conclude that the fclose of stdout is causing the
problem???

/Per Jessen

--
Per Jessen, Zurich