Re: Using 'procmail -m ...' (question)

    /dev/null

One difference between having this at the end of you .procmailrc
and setting DEFAULT to /dev/null is that delivery to DEFAULT
always uses locking. (is what I read somewhere)

I'd like some confirmation of this.  I have heard the opposite,
actually, from someone who has examined the code.

I am under the impression that /dev/null is treated as special case and
a lockfile is never used, the ":" silently ignored. Locking /dev/null
would always fail anyway, so it's sensible behaviour. I would guess that
deliveing to DEFAULT always uses locking, unless it's /dev/null.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.