Re: Writing to users mailboxes

2004-11-05 15:13:54
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:23:44 +0100, Robert & Sabine von Knobloch
<von(_dot_)knobloch(_at_)t-online(_dot_)de> wrote:
Dear Procmailers,

I am trying to sort incoming mail according to the TO field. I have a
central IMAP server and use fetchmail to get all mails from several accounts
because we (I and my wife) use different accounts depending on how
suspicious we are that we will be spammed.

You are forgetting hte primary rule of Procmail

All together now, "Procmail is not an MTA"

setup separate users on your machine for you and your wife, use
fetchmail to get your mails, process them with your procmail filter,
and put them in your mail store.  Use fetchmail to get HER mails,
process them through HER procmail, etc.

The easiest way to do this is setup a IMAP server on your own machine
(yes, this is quite painless) and then use Mail.app to access your
local imap server with all it's accounts divided up however you want.

Trying to sort everything in one big procmail is a mistake, because

      PROCMAIL IS NOT AN MTA

--
 ::::::===   <http://2blog.kreme.com>  ===::::::
 :: Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for  ::