Writing to users mailboxes

2004-11-05 13:33:04
Dear Procmailers,

I am trying to sort incoming mail according to the TO field. I have a
central IMAP server and use fetchmail to get all mails from several accounts
because we (I and my wife) use different accounts depending on how
suspicious we are that we will be spammed.
All received mails come into the server and are then sorted with procmail
into categories, according to various criteria and delivered to Maildir
mailboxes, all this is working.
I tried a recipe to select mails to a different account so that it would be
delivered to the inbox of a different user (all mail is fetched by a Linux
account 'postbote' for this purpose).

Recipe is:
:0
* ^TO_name(_at_)domain(_dot_)dom
/var/home/sabine/Mailer/new

The procmail log reports:

procmail: [9931] Fri Nov  5 19:55:34 2004
procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=/var/home/postbote/Maildir"
procmail: Assigning "DEFAULT=/var/home/postbote/Maildir/"
procmail: Assigning "DROPPRIVS=yes"
procmail: Assuming identity of the recipient, VERBOSE=off
/var/home/sabine/Maildir/new: /var/home/sabine/Maildir/new: Permission
denied
procmail: Error while writing to "/var/home/sabine/Maildir/new"