How to subvert global procmailrc

2004-11-15 11:01:31
Hi,

        Not sure how to put this.

        Due to a cyrus installation on a machine, procmail needs to be
instituted site wide.  Right now it looks like :

DROPPRIVS=no
LOGFILE=/data/tmp/procmail.log

:0fw
| /usr/local/cyrus/bin/procmail-cyrus-delivery.sh $LOGNAME

        I'm not 100% sure why he set it not to DROPPRIVS (Admin is no longer
with us).

        What I'd like to be able to have is something like (pseudocode) :

if exists (/home/$LOGNAME/.procmailrc)
then
    INCLUDERC=/home/$LOGNAME/.procmailrc
    exit
else
    | /usr/local/cyrus/bin/procmail-cyrus-delivery.sh $LOGNAME
fi

        What I want is that if the user has his own procmailrc, then run it
and stop after its done. If not, then just go through the regular delivery.

        We can't seem to have rc's in a users directory right now since it
supposedly isn't even checking the directory for .forward or .procmailrc or
other.

        Though, the odd thing is, the instructions we were left for creating
a user is to create an entry in /etc/passwd, but the home directory doesn't
need to exist. Its said that procmail needs it for locking, but not sure how
if the directory doesn't exist.

                        Thanks, Tuc