Re: How to subvert global procmailrc

2004-11-15 21:12:45
The above is just

DROPPRIVS=yes
SWITCHRC=/home/$LOGNAME/.procmailrc
:0
| /usr/local/cyrus/bin/procmail-cyrus-delivery.sh $LOGNAME

However, if /home/$LOGNAME really is the home directory of the user,
then you may find that the .procmailrc is executed twice (in the event
that it doesn't perform a delivery during the first execution),
because after the SWITCHRC is done, procmail will continue reading its
normal sequence of files.  So Jake Di Toro's answer may be a better
fit to your problem.

        Well, actually, there ARE no home directories. I was really going to
put it in /usr/local/etc/procmailrcs/$LOGNAME . I guess I just need to know
that if the SWITCHRC doesn't exist, it'll just drop down. If it does, it'll
stop completely. If thats the case, then I think the only other issue is
DROPPRIVS or not. Right now we don't for the procmail-cyrus-delivery.sh,
and I'm not sure if we shouldn't still be keeping it for local RCs. The
user won't have the ability to create the RC, so we won't be too concerned
that they are doing something improperly. I'm still open to understanding
more about this.

                Thanks, Tuc