RES: RES: Spamassassin Starter

2004-11-19 07:02:37
* Jfabricio - Greenwich International
<jfabricio(_at_)greenwichint(_dot_)com(_dot_)br>
[11-18-04 14:00]:
      I just updated to the new version of MailScanner as someone
asked me and now we are receiving message marked as SPAM at the
subject. Is Spamassassin working as well? (I think so) How can I delete
these messages before them came to the inbox? (I think using procmailrc
, and some rule).

1.  Please read: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

I just read it.

2.  Have you installed Spamassassin and read the doc's with regard to
  procmail?  A procmail recipe is indicated which may be altered to
   accomplish what you desire.

OK!
I just read it too, but my procmailrc appear to does not work.
Would anyone be so kind and take a look at my procmailrc to check where I
make a mistake?
I tried to send all mail marked as {Spam?} to
spam(_at_)greenwichint(_dot_)com(_dot_)br(_dot_)

PROCMAILRC:
:0
* ^Subject:.*{Spam?}.*
! spam(_at_)domain(_dot_)com(_dot_)br

3.  Deleting the posts before they are seen may be rather rash.  All
  spam catching/identifying schemes approach one hunderd percent, but
   none that I know of reach that mark.  You may loose posts that you
   want to keep.

I am trying to send the spam to a specific mailbox/mailaddress to check them
before erase it.

4.  I know nothing of MailScanner and am not interested enough to
   research it.

OK! I start to use it to integrate sendmail and f-prot a long time ago, but
if you can help me to do it using just spamassassin would be a great idea.

5.  Why do you not know Spamassassin is/is not active?

I turned it off last afternoon because it was letting my server too slow
(like a turtle). We will by a new one.

Answering the above questions and consideration of the above statements
should provide you with the information you need.

I still reading the SpamAssassin docs, but as I am a new user and I have
starter/dumb doubts.
Sorry.

HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos

Thanks and best regards,