Re: RES: RES: Spamassassin Starter

2004-11-19 07:42:20
* Jfabricio - Greenwich International
<jfabricio(_at_)greenwichint(_dot_)com(_dot_)br> [11-19-04 08:45]:
I just read it.

Thankyou

I just read it too, but my procmailrc appear to does not work.
Would anyone be so kind and take a look at my procmailrc to check where I
make a mistake?
I tried to send all mail marked as {Spam?} to
spam(_at_)greenwichint(_dot_)com(_dot_)br(_dot_)

PROCMAILRC:
:0
* ^Subject:.*{Spam?}.*
! spam(_at_)domain(_dot_)com(_dot_)br

you did not use a file lock
spamassassin adds a specific line to the header for you 'X-Spam-Status:'
I don't understand your recipe

perhaps:

  :0:
  ! spam(_at_)domain(_dot_)com(_dot_)br

or

  :0:
  ! spam(_at_)domain(_dot_)com(_dot_)br

I am trying to send the spam to a specific mailbox/mailaddress to check
them before erase it.

Your original post said 'delete'.  I think this is a better choice.

5.  Why do you not know Spamassassin is/is not active?

I turned it off last afternoon because it was letting my server too
slow (like a turtle). We will by a new one.

I believe that you would notice improvement if you would utilize
spamc/spamd, from the sample procmailrc:
  # Pipe the mail through spamassassin (replace 'spamassassin' with
  # 'spamc' if you use the spamc/spamd combination)
maybe enough that you do not need to *buy* a new one.

I still reading the SpamAssassin docs, but as I am a new user and I
have starter/dumb doubts.

You have had procmail issues which I have tried to address with my
amateur understanding.  Someone else may offer corrections and better
methods.  There is a mail-list devoted to SpamAssassin which should be
better able to address those specific issues.

gud luk,

Sorry.

no reason for 'Sorry'.

btw:  Please, I read the list and do *not* need or want a second copy
      sent to me personally to delete.
HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos