Re: Procmail with Spamassassin

2004-11-19 18:14:20
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:38:42 -0600, Jon Dossey
<jdossey(_at_)deltahealthgroup(_dot_)com> wrote:
Apparently procmail is only processing messages for local delivery.

This would make sense, since procmail is given the messages as the LDA
(LOCAL Delivery Agent).

But
messages that are just relayed through this host are never processed by
spamassassin.

this is correct if you are using procmail to call spamassassin.

Is there something special I need to have in my sendmail
configuration to have procmail process all messages, even those just
relayed to another smart host?

No, that is not possible.  procmail is the LDA.

However, it IS possible to use SpamAssassin within the MTA (sendmail,
postfix, etc).  However, that is a question for another list.  I'd
start by googling for things like the name of your MTA and
Spamassassin

--
 ::::::===   <http://2blog.kreme.com>  ===::::::
 :: Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for  ::