Re: how to pipe an attachment to a shell script

2004-12-06 15:43:24
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 01:29:46PM -0500, robert guru wrote:
i would like to know how to pipe the attachment to a shell script that will
interpret the content of this attachment file.
For example if a new mail comes, and this email is attached with a file
named <my_file.extension>, i would like that procmail will pipe this file
(my_file.extension)  to a shell script named <my_shel_script>

This would be done by an outside program, normally.  One such program
is reformime, which I suggested to somebody on this list last month.
It is part of the courier mail package.  You would go grab it and compile
it, then pipe to it in procmail.  Something like this:

  :0
  * conditions
  | reformime -X -s 1.2 | your_script

Other programs could alternatively be used that do essentially
the same thing.

--
dman