Re: OT: Outlook filters to reciepes

2004-12-17 07:06:55
At 02:45 2004-12-17 -0800, Mike Peeler wrote:

I think my procmailrc running "demime" on all messages that apparently
need it may have something to do with it.

That's not exactly supporting that the ORIGINAL message wasn't somehow poor MIME.

It saves such messages in a zipfile beforehand. I seldom make the effort to look at the original. I'd never see anything from Michelle if you'd please stop quoting her.

I don't read attachments sent to discussion lists either. It's unfortunate that a list which should be plain text has a few users who insist on sending things as mime attachments instead (which is how certain mail clients send PGP signed content).

To its credit, the standard list archive (as linked from procmail.org) does demime messages before archiving them, so the posts are readable in the archives. Some archiving (not to mention mailing list digesters) choke on attachments.