remove text from body and change subject and author

2005-01-07 02:31:51
Hi,

I am relativly new to procmail and got a basic setup
running; at least sorting in all my mailboxes works well for
me.

Now, I read that procmail can even do more :-)
I get a lot of mail from a web-forum which looks like this:

     OpenFOAM Message Board: OpenFoam: Running / Solving / CFD:
     Memory leak

     By Hrvoje Jasak (Hjasak) on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:32
     pm:

      For your info, there is a big memory leak when running
     interFoam with some combinations of differencing schemes,
     amounting approximately to 1 field per time-step.  It took
     me ages to find it and there will hopefully be a bug fix in
     the next release.  In the meantime, please beware.

     This refers to the foam release dated 19/Dec/2004 and will
     be present on all platforms.

     Hrv

      DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!  It is an automatic e-mail
      notification message from the discussion board indicating
      that a new message was posted.  If you do not wish to
      receive further e-mail notification messages from this
      discussion board, edit your user or moderator profile to
      turn off the e-mail notification option.

     Use this link to go directly to the discussion:
     http://tfdpc67.tfd.chalmers.se/cgi-bin/foam/show.cgi?1/106

I would like to get rid of the top and the bottom of the
body text (so actually just keep the stuff between the
second and third '---------').

Furthermore I would like to change the subject. Right now it
looks like this:

     OpenFoam: Running / Solving / CFD: Memory leak

For me 'Memory leak' would be enough; which is actually the
first line above the second '-------'.

And finally, I would like to change the author/from according to
the name after the second '------'.

I think procmail is able to do all that, but unfortunately I could find
any example which do this.

Does anybody have an idea or any tips to do this?

Best Greetings!
Fabian Braennstroem
Duesseldorf/Berlin