Re: FW: how do I edit the over quota message

2005-01-09 20:46:24
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:13:19 -0500 Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Stuart Clark <procmail(_at_)spacelink(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> [01-09-05 19:36]:
It is not the temp directory.I have an email that is
temp(_at_)spacelink(_dot_)com(_dot_)au for testing purposes.

but it is, see below

The error is pasted directly from the bounced email

procmail: Quota exceeded while writing "/var/spool/mail/temp"
                           temp directory  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please, trim your quotes; we have already read your request and the
correct answer that was given which you dispute.

Patrick,

Please re-read Stuart's reply. (Patrick --- Stuart <smile>  Just noticed that
coincidince {trekkie humor})

He is saying that he has a USER named "temp". So the error he is getting
*IS* saying the user called "temp" has a full mailbox. There is no
"temporary folder" located in /var/spool/mail on a normal *nix system. If
it was the actual "temporary space" that was full he would get an error
relating to problems writing to somewhere like "/temp" or "/var/temp" or
"/usr/temp".

Now, I'm not saying that actually having a USER named "temp" is a real good
idea on any system that uses "temp" for many critical routines, but that's
what he's done. I'd suggest removing the "temp" user and creating one
called "testuser(_at_)spacelink(_dot_)com(_dot_)au"

And Stuart,

First you need to detrmine if procmail is just passing on the error report
from "quota". I'd start with a grep through the procmail source code.
That's probably where the "Quota exceeded" error text is located if it's a
procmail error and not a passthrough. And that's where it'll have to be
changed and then you'll have to compile your own custom executable with the
replacement error text.

Gerald