Re: FW: how do I edit the over quota message

2005-01-10 01:24:46
On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 09:41:53PM -0600, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

And Stuart,

First you need to detrmine if procmail is just passing on the error
report from "quota". I'd start with a grep through the procmail
source code.  That's probably where the "Quota exceeded" error text
is located if it's a procmail error and not a passthrough. And that's
where it'll have to be changed and then you'll have to compile your
own custom executable with the replacement error text.

I really do not think it has anything to do with procmail.  The
MTA is bouncing mail that procmail couldn't write because quota
was exceeded.  Procmail is just the messenger, not the cause or
source of the message.

We have often had quota questions on this list.  The answer has
always been that it's the MTA or the system, not procmail.
Moreover, running "strings `which procmial` | grep quota"
turns up nothing (what I expected).

I don't have a 3.22 source sitting on this machine, but I have a
3.15 source.  The only example of the word "quota" in it
anywhere is in a program history note from 1994:

      1994/06/30: v3.03
         Limit the no. of retries on lockfiles if the recipient is over
         quota (procmail & lockfile)

--
dman