RE: FW: how do I edit the over quota message

2005-01-10 01:58:47

From: Gerald V. Livingston II
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2005 7:42 PM
[...]

First you need to detrmine if procmail is just passing on the error report
from "quota". I'd start with a grep through the procmail source code.
That's probably where the "Quota exceeded" error text is located if it's a
procmail error and not a passthrough. And that's where it'll have to be
changed and then you'll have to compile your own custom
executable with the
replacement error text.

Towards the end of /usr/include/asm/errno.h:

#define EDQUOT          122     /* Quota exceeded */

The error message printed by procmail seems to originate here:

#ifdef EDQUOT
              case EDQUOT:nlog("Quota exceeded while writing"),logqnl(buf);
                 break;
#endif

at around line 234 in mailfold.c.