Re: Good evening :) Have a recipe question..

2005-01-15 20:39:59
Gary Funck said the following on 1/15/2005 10:14 PM:

I'd check to see there is some sort of CRLF anomaly in play. Make sure
that your procmailrc script doesn't have CR's at the end of the lines
if you're running this under Unix.

vi's my editor.. I'd consider it pretty b0rk3n behaviour if it did that ;)

Similarly, if the incoming mail
is marked with \r\n instead of just \n, I wonder how procmail deals
with that when matching '$'?  Try dropping the '$' at the end of the
regex, and also look for CRLF related problems.

Ahah! That seems to have done it! :))

:0:
{
# stuff
}

There's no need to lock the the { ... } action in your scripts.
You mean the trailing : on the first line?

And,
LOG="stuff "
is missing a newline.  This is better form:

NL="
"
LOG="stuff$NL"
Thanks!

Thanks again for all of your help, Gary!!! :)

Best,
--Glenn

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759