Re: Good evening :) Have a recipe question..

2005-01-16 11:46:26
Michelle Konzack said the following on 1/16/2005 4:03 AM:

Welcome...
Thank you! :)

You do not need locking for Maildir
*nod* Gary pointed that out to me... the recipes were adapted from when I was using mbox format..

       Remove the "$" and it will work
Yup! :) Though Gary and I were wondering why, exactly.. :-/

Are you sure with this ? Where is the New-Line character
Better:

LOG="(Account-LJ)
"
Per Gary's suggestion, I set NL="
" and then put LOG="(Account-LJ)$NL" etc... :)

:0
$MAILDIR/.LJ/

You do not need $MAILDIR.
Use:

:0
.LJ/
Really?? That was one thing I had been told was imperative, along with these first lines in my .procmailrc::

#Preliminaries
SHELL=/bin/sh               #Use the Bourne shell (check your path!)
DEFAULT=${HOME}/Maildir/
MAILDIR=${HOME}/Maildir            #First check what your mail directory is!
LOGFILE=${HOME}/Procmail/procmail.log

Thanks for your hints, Michele.. I admit I'm iffy on removing $MAILDIR right now.. :-/ However, I'll try it on a new account and see how it works there.. It would certainly make for more compact recipes, for sure.. :)

Thanks!
Best,
--G.

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759