RE: Stripping bad attachments

2005-01-20 15:56:17

From: Pettit, Paul
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 2:14 PM
[...]
I want to prevent the recpient from ever seeing any unapproved type of
attachment. Users are strange and do un-natural things. It's best just
to take the option away completely instead of leaving a riddle. :)

Thanks for the tip on demime, could you give me an idea of these other
tools you know of?

If you're using sendmail and comfortable with Perl, then MIMEDefang is
an option:
  http://www.mimedefang.org
That's what we (now) use. It is invoked by sendmail as a 'milter', so runs
before procmail sees the mail.

In procmail only, we previously used Dalman's virus scanner, which is
described here along with some others:
  http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#viruses