Re: Procmail is over-matching my expression

2005-02-25 19:13:20
* Google Kreme <gkreme(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> [2005-02-25 17:19]:

McCarthy's book is a good reference for getting going with procmail
and one of the only books on procmail.  That said, it has some
glaring omissions and problems.  For example, as far as I have been
able to tell, there is no mention of SWITCHRC in the entire
book... Because of this, I wouldn't take _anything_ in it as gospel,
especially not some of the sample recipes.

Now, if Sean and Ruud and Dallman[1][2] could get together and crank
out a 400+ page book on procmail, well, that would be something.

That would be useful if folks would put together an advanced cookbook
for procmail.  But any efforts to write an intro to procmail probably
can't compete with McCarthy's work.  I believe The Procmail Companion
is the only procmail book available because it cannot easily be
improved on -- at least as an intro book.