Re: Procmail is over-matching my expression

2005-02-25 13:03:35
* Professional Software Engineering
<PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org> [2005-02-25 08:53]:
At 20:26 2005-02-24 -0700, Justin Gombos wrote:
Thanks for the help Ruud.  Now I'm back to trying to solve my original
problem.  That is, the following message is being falsely detected as
coming *from* me, when it is really *to* me:

 From someone-else
 To: <disposable(_dot_)address(_dot_)jgombos(_at_)spamgourmet(_dot_)com>

This isn't a real header set.  How are we supposed to diagnose your
problem when we're being spoonfed false info?

I figured most folks would not want me to post an actual message with
full headers, as it would clutter up the test.  The headers I posted
were the only ones relevent to the problem.

 MAILDIR=./

You really aught to specify this as an absolute path.

 FROM_="(From[ ]|(Old-|X-)?(Resent-)?\
 (From|Reply-To|Sender):)(.*\<)?"

 SG_ACCOUNT = jgombos(_at_)spamgourmet(_dot_)com

You should properly escape the dot.

 SG_ADDRESS = [^.]+[.][^.]+[.]$SG_ACCOUNT

Note that when tacked onto the end of the prior expression (which
ends with \<, which is a regexp which will match a NEWLINE, hello?),
this can match something on a following line, which is EXACTLY what
is happening.

I was did wonder about the trailing "(.*\<)?" but figured it had been
tried an proven since the FROM_ definition had been posted somewhere
(maybe on this list?) as a canned way of creating a FROM_ version of
the built-in TO_ construct.