Re: Help with recipe using scoring

2005-02-25 13:05:05
At 14:17 2005-02-25 -0500, S.A. Birl wrote:

Sean:  # If the Jackpot is over $95 Million, send directly to INBOX
Sean:  :0
Sean:  * ^Subject:.*Powerball
Sean:  * B ?? with an estimated Grand Prize of \$\/[^,]+
Sean:  {
Sean:          LOG="procmail: Powerball jackpot is \$${MATCH} Million${NL}"
Sean:          :0c:
Sean:          * -95^0
Sean:          * $ $Jackpot^0
Sean:          $ORGMAIL
Sean:  }

Er, slight omission in my suggested revision: change the Jackpot variable expansion to:

                * $ $MATCH^0

(MATCH will still contain the results from the prior MATCH construct). Or, near the LOG line, assign the jackpot variable:

        Jackpot=$MATCH

I was a bit hasty in trimming the recipe for the proposed simplification and failed to do this.