Re: Help with recipe using scoring

2005-02-25 12:25:45
On Feb 25, Professional Software Engineering
(nospam-PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professiona(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_):

Sean:  Generally, put the 'c' flag at the level where a message will actually be
Sean:  delivered.  An exception is if you're going to filter the message and
Sean:  want to do that operation on a copy of the message and then follow up
Sean:  with a delivery, and then a condition construct at the level above that
Sean:  is a good place to put the copy flag.

I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks.

Sean:  # If the Jackpot is over $95 Million, send directly to INBOX
Sean:  :0
Sean:  * ^Subject:.*Powerball
Sean:  * B ?? with an estimated Grand Prize of \$\/[^,]+
Sean:  {
Sean:          LOG="procmail: Powerball jackpot is \$${MATCH} Million${NL}"
Sean:          :0c:
Sean:          * -95^0
Sean:          * $ $Jackpot^0
Sean:          $ORGMAIL
Sean:  }

AFAIK, the minimum has always been $10 Million.  Highest maximum Ive seen
is $215 M.

Your recipe is much simpler.  Again, thanks.

Sean:  Why do you even want a COPY of the notification floating around anyway?
Sean:  If you're delivering it directly to your inbox, what else to you plan to
Sean:  do with the original, which will continue on past this recipe?

I was still testing the receipe.  The copy was to be forwarded off to a
group of people and I'd keep the original.