help changinf owner of file crated by /etc/procmailrc

2005-04-09 05:21:59
Hi,

I've been searching docs for 2 days and found some hints on it but it somehow
doesnt seem to work. Can anyone have a look at it and tell me whats wrong.

All i want to do is, change the permission of a file created by /etc/procmailrc
(spam mails forwarded to that file). I've tried following codes:

:0
| chown username "filename"

:0
| my-script (which is a shell scipt and does the same thing)

:0
*
| chown username "filename"

:0
*
| my-script (which is a shell scipt and does the same thing)

None of above works. while the following works:

:0:
chown username "filename"

but it was actually:

:0:
filename

Now, I cudnt either find, how to do both tasks, cuz if it doesnt forward
message, there is no meaning of changing the owner.

Please help me as soon as possible, I'll really appreciate that

Thanks
Nitin