Re: help changinf owner of file crated by /etc/procmailrc

2005-04-11 11:07:27
This tangential to the chown-suggestions from

Subscriptions schreef:

I'm using /etc/procmail to filter mails for all users on my mail
server. Spam mails (even the sure spams or virus infected mails) dont
go to a central location, but to the user directory accessible by our
webmail, so that they can access these mails through webmail and of
course not through POP access.

Are these files that you can set up beforehand? If the user that runs
your /etc/procmailrc isn't root, then create a group that contains both
apache and that user, and make that group the owner of the files.

Squirrel-plug:
Webmail-software Squirrel can use IMAP. A fast IMAP-server is dovecot.
Squirrel can without problems access the mboxes and maildirs inside
$HOME/mail (I guess that means that /home needs to be mounted by the
webserver).

--
Grtz, Ruud