Re: Fw: help changinf owner of file crated by /etc/procmailrc

2005-04-11 09:53:32
On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:34:37PM +0530, Subscriptions wrote:
Nitin, please clean up the structure of your answers. This
is a mailing list, clean messages read a lot faster. See
my remarks between {}.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind. I was thinking that maybe its
good that all the answers remain in one mail so anyone reading the last
message for the first time can understand the whole story. Anyway, I'll
remember it.

Well, once again: all you had to do was quote the one paragraph that states
your problem.  The rest of this does not belong in your renewed request!
It's rude.  And if we need more context, well, there is an archive of
every post going back more than ten years, that is searchable.

Now, the problem is, the webmail program cannot read the files owned by
anyone other than 'apache'. So, whenever a new file (actually folder in
webmail) is created, it must be owned by apache for webmail to read it.

So, now please give me some receipe for that. And please have a look at
the
ones, in my first mail.

It sounds like you want chown.  You would have to do it in /etc/procmailrc
as the elevated user.

   :0
   * conditions
   {
        FILE=/some/path/to/the/file
        DUMMY = `touch $FILE; chown apache $FILE
   }

Untested.

--
dman