Re: Showing all env vars

2005-04-20 09:50:02
Bart Schaefer wrote:

I sometimes think that heuristic has outlived its usefulness.
Starting an extra shell process isn't as much of a burden on modern
OSs and hardware as it used to be, and modern shells have a lot more
builtin commands that it would be reasonable to expect to work without
having to resort to the muttering of magikal incantations.

Do you mean that procmail should always invoke a shell and never run a program itself?

There's an easy enough way to do that:

SHELLMETAS='0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'

I'm not sure whether $SHELLMETAS is case-sensitive, but my guess would be that it is.