Re: Sanity check please

2005-04-24 14:36:08
At 23:07 2005-04-24 +0430, Hossein Movahhedian wrote:
Now I accept that it does not work with procmail becuase the procmail
experts say this. But I have tested the above with `egrep'

Sorry, the braces looked rather like parenthesis on my early morning monitor. The syntax is still not supported by the regexp engine used by procmail.

Finally one question: Basically, how can I test a regular expression
with procmail? A simple recipe please if possible. I am a beginner

Er, write a recipe and pipe a message which should, or should not match the regexp at it?

See my .sig - I have a downloadable "sandbox" that you can plant recipes into to test them. Though of course, one can just write the recipes directly, the sandbox provides for handling forward operator, and some other matters - ultimatley the idea is to have an environment in which you don't need to change anything about your individual recipe to move it between a production and testing config (unlike some peoples' tests where they mangle the recipe itself, which it the CAUSE of their problems).