Re: Sanity check please

2005-04-24 10:48:42

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005, Ruud H.G. van Tol <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl> wrote:

Hossein Movahhedian schreef:

The following would catch exactly what's been written in compact form:
    * ^From.+"James".+<\*{7}[^>]+@>

You obviously didn't test it with procmail before making that claim.

No, I didn't. Because the `procmailrc' says:{{{
  Conditions start  with a leading `*',  everything after that
  character  is passed  on  to the  internal egrep  literally,
  except for  leading and trailing  whitespace.  These regular
  expressions are completely compatible to the normal egrep(1)
  extended  regular expressions.   See  also Extended  regular
  expressions.
}}}

(1) procmail's egrep doesn't know {n,m} repetitions.

Do you know where can I read more about this and the likes?

Thanks,
Hossein