Re: Problem with missing "Message-ID:"

2005-04-28 16:27:56
David W. Tamkin:

But maybe you are referring to a more recent RFC?

No, just referring to my expectations.

OK, a message with more than one To: header is non-compliant, but I
wouldn't consider that more than a very weak indicator of spam.

Yes, that happens with RFCs. A message without a Message-Id: can
seem stranger then a message with more than a single To:, even
though in theory it should be the other way around.

I direct both messages with a Message-Id that was added by a local
server and messages that don't have exactly one To:, or a funny Cc:,
to a 'suspect' folder. But my first line of defense is still DNSBL,
followed by DCC http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/ so not many
messages even get to that test.

--
Grtz, Ruud