Re: Filter first on From and then in Body

2005-05-17 12:12:06
On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 01:55:12PM -0500, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:42:20 +0200 Sebastian Stein wrote:

I receive emails over a mailing list and I want to filter out some of them
based on the content in the body. That's what I tried so far:

:0:
* ^TO_uml-devel(_at_)lists(_dot_)sourceforge(_dot_)net
* B ?? "SVN commit"
L-uml-cvs

The recipe just for filtering the mailing list works, but the second rule
doesn't. I already tried many different variants, but without any luck.

You say the recipe for filtering list mail works but the *SECOND* rule
doesn't...

Uhhhh,  which one do you actually have FIRST in your .procmailrc file? If you
have it like this:

:0:
* ^TO_uml-devel(_at_)lists(_dot_)sourceforge(_dot_)net
L-uml

:0:
* ^TO_uml-devel(_at_)lists(_dot_)sourceforge(_dot_)net
* B ?? "SVN commit"
L-uml-cvs

Then all of your list mail will go to the L-uml mail folder BEFORE it ever
reaches the body check recipe. It's been delivered, it's no longer being
checked.

I suspect the poster meant "condition" where he wrote "rule."
The recipe has two conditions.  One could think of a condition as
a "rule."  I think he meant the first condition works, but the
second doesn't.  I've already said why I think that is (the
quotation marks).

--
dman