questions about anchoring

2005-06-28 06:25:02
All,

  Although I'm not new to procmail, there are some constructs
which I've never used or felt like I needed, but I am thinking
that I could better the procmail rules in use for my company
by gaining a better understanding of some of the constructs
of which I am not familiar.

  One of them is anchoring.  Quite frankly, I've read and
reread the man pages, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
What is anchoring?  What does the ^^ really do?  How does it
affect a matching expression?  If someone would be so kind as
to elaborate and even provide some examples with descriptions,
I would be quite grateful!

  Spaciba!

Mr Duck