Re: includerc, explicit to:, /dev/null

2005-06-30 15:03:21
Robert Cazares schreef:

Desired requirement: Procmail includerc file that I can drop explicit
names in the form of "emailname(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com" for redirection and
launch to /dev/null.

You don't need an INCLUDERC file, you need a recipe. You can put the
recipe in an INCLUDERC file.

Simple example:

  BAD_FROM = '
someone(_at_)host(_dot_)tld
emailname(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
'  # just add more names, 1 per line

  :0:
  * ^^From \/[^ ]+
  *$ BAD_FROM ?? ^$\MATCH^
  IN.BAD_FROM

End solution: To delete unwanted emails addressed to my domain via a
procmail recipe that I have predetermine as SPAM.

OK, wait, you have a catch-all situation. That is bad.

  BAD_TO = '
someone(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
emailname(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
'  # just add more names, 1 per line

  :0:
  *$ BAD_TO ?? ^$\MATCH^
  IN.BAD_TO

Don't do something like
  { EXITCODE='67'  HOST }  # addressee unknown
because you will be bouncing mainly to innocent bystanders, and so be
adding to the problem.

--
Grtz, Ruud