Forwarding and Baracudda Spam Appliance

2005-07-13 06:44:29

We have a problem with using procmail to forward mail as opposed to
using a .forward file.

All our colleges email is received by a Unix server running sendmail.
Administrative email then is forwarded to the Exchange server. But to
first get to the Exchange server, the mail goes thru a Barracuda Spam
Firewall appliance. The Unix group just recently started using procmail.
In the past mail was forwarded by a .forward file. Using procmail, all
mail the Barracuda "Top Senders Report" shows only one domain, our Unix
email server. Using a .forward file, the Barracuda "Top Senders Report"
shows the actual domain the email originated from. By not having the
original domain, we are not able to filter email by domain.

Can procmail be configured to forward email, as a .forward file can, to
reflect the original domain of the received email?

Or can a .forward file be used in conjunction with procmail?

Patrick Hughes