Re: More problems changing the Subject

2005-07-22 08:01:13
Michael Bluejay:
Ruud:
Michael:

I thought the c-flag was necessary if I wanted more than one action,
to "continue" or "clone" to another recipe.

Not when filtering. To procmail, filtering is no delivery. When there is
no delivery, procmail just continues.

The c-flag makes procmail create a copy of the message: procmail is
forked, so there are two procmails running from that point on (each with
its own independent copy of the message).

 :0:
 $HOME/Maildir/

No locking required for maildir-type delivery. Because this is at the
end, you could replace that recipe by
  DEFAULT = "$HOME/Maildir/"
a bit earlier in the rc-file.

Okay, but does it *hurt* to have the locking?

Locking and unlocking takes time, and it blocks access to resources for
a while. So yes, it hurts, but how much it hurts depends on many
circumstances. On a busy system it can hurt a lot.

--
Grtz, Ruud