Re: problem with ... following rules

2005-07-31 17:16:07
On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 05:33:07AM +0530, Ligesh wrote:

A display software has to take care of the limitations at its
end. It shouldn't really make assumptions about the sender. If
it is a single line paragraph, you just wrap it as you wish. And
Wrapping is a trivial task. I think it is default in html to
wrap and the idiotic mail archiver is forcibly adding a nowrap
or something. That is pathetic design. And now because of bad
software design you want everyone to follow some outdated
convention?

My mutt wraps your lines.  But I don't want to look all the way over
to the 124th column (where I currently have my terminal emulation
program set for cols) to see the end of the line -- and that, with
no right whitespace.  That is very tiring.  I want to be able
to read the text edge-to-edge without moving my head all around.

  I don't understand why you need multiple attribution marker per
  paragraph. The purpose of attribution marker is to make it easy
  to distinguish your statements from others, and all normal MUAs
  do this by showing them in different colors. So whether you

Ex*cuse* me?  *Color*?  and that's *normal*?

I am not seeing any color here.  Nor do I want to.

I also use Outlook, and I don't see any color there, either.
Nor do I see any MIME/HTML stuff, as I have a COM plug-in
to turn it off.  I want plain text.

If I want color, I'll go look at some web pages.  Please!

P.S.  Do you know how many system resources it burns to run
color with GNU ls?

Dallman