Re: Using Formail to remove headers

2005-08-01 12:24:34
Dallman Ross wrote:

I actually tried with the -k flag along with the -r flag, as my first
idea.  I couldn't figure out how to get -k not to prepend a quote
character on the body lines, though, so I gave up on that idea.

-b prevents the body quoting of -kr, but we don't want -r anyway.

I think your -z switch is pushing what otherwise would be a space
back over to the left margin?

With -X (rather than -x), -z just canonicalizes all the retained headers
to have exactly one space and zero tabs between the colon and the first
non-blank character after it.

But I have quotes around "$SENDMAILFLAGS" in working operation, and
it does not cause a problem; so your inference in that companion
posting about the quote marks there being an issue does not seem to
be the case.  Do you have other experience with that?

If you have more than one option in $SENDMAILFLAGS, quoting it will make
$SENDMAIL get it as one option with a hard space in the middle instead
of two options.