Re: mail gets stuck in /var/spool/mail/$USER

2005-08-04 11:17:38
At 20:00 2005-08-04 +0200, Dallman Ross wrote:

What I did was mv INBOX INBOX.old and sent myself another
mail. This time it got thru to INBOX with this in the
procmail.log:

As I said, quota stuff.

Er, as I was preparing to reply to the top half earlier, that's what I was
thinking - but this diagnostic where the INBOX.old would be in the same
filesystem (well, that's the implication of "mv INBOX INBOX.old" - if the
user actually did something like "mv INBOX /tmp/INBOX.old", it'd be
different - and poor practice to fail to communicate as much), and the
message can deliver fine to another file doesn't jive with quota - he'd
have the same total disk use, and yet now he can write.  That points to a
parent process limiting one's ability to write.

I'm more familiar with quotas for total disk usage within a filesystem and
number of files - the quota implementations I've used don't have individual
file size limits.