Spam filter anomaly

2005-08-31 12:33:57
The other day I asked about scoring. That was a last ditch effort on my part
to filter out some spam that seems resistant to normal procmail recipes. I
have put together some documentation at:

http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/PennyStocks.htm

It consists of:

1. My .procmailrc script.

2. The recipes that are meant to catch anything with "st0ck" or "St0ck", a
dead giveaway for Penny Stock newsletters that 9 out of 10 times are hypeing
non-existent companies!

3. A sample spam that was not caught by the filter.

4. The procmail output generated for the spam with verbose on. You'll note
that it didn't find a match on "st0ck" when it is clearly evident.

5. What is truly bizarre is the procmail output I get when I simply forward
the same message to myself. When I do this, it is caught by the filter. I
can't understand how this is possible.

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.