Re: Sorting by email addresses

2005-10-09 05:46:17
On 10/8/05, Lord Raiden <me(_at_)raiden(_dot_)net> wrote:
         I'm curious what I need to put in my procmail file to take mail
destined for a given user and sort it into the appropriate mailbox on the
server.  Right now fetchmail pulls all our mail from a central ISP mailbox
and dumps it into one mailbox here on the local mail server.  I'd like to
be able to take mail messages destined for specific users and dump those
messages into their individual mailboxes on the mail server.

Say it with me

"Procmail is not an MTA"

You will _always_ have problems using procmail to repalce a MTA.

         So like if a message is addressed to "bob(_at_)raiden(_dot_)net" it
would get
sorted into bob's inbox and he could then pop it directly from the
server.

What if it's to bob and fred?  What if it's to bob and fred is in the
bcc?  What if it's a list message?

this is not going to go well.

--
<http://2blog.kreme.com/>