Re: Sorting by email addresses

2005-10-09 15:53:52
On 10/9/05, Lord Raiden <me(_at_)raiden(_dot_)net> wrote:

First of all, read "man fetchmail", the section entitled THE USE AND
ABUSE OF MULTIDROP MAILBOXES.  You may be able to do it with fetchmail.

         Ok, so if I can sort by individual users using fetchmail, that
simplify's one part of what I need to do.  So let's move on to the
second.  Let's say some email address you have is a dummy address.  You for
example go to MegaBucks Visa inc and give them the email address
"megabucks(_at_)raiden(_dot_)net".  Then good old megabucks sells your
address to 3000
spammers.  I now want to shut down that address using procmail.  Which of
the recipe's you gave me would allow me to automatically take anything
addressed to "megabucks(_at_)raiden(_dot_)net" and just pitch it in the spam
folder?

That's the wrong approach.  You want to get rid of the
megabuck(_at_)raiden(_dot_)net address so that the spam comming to it bounces.

Sounds to me like you are accepting mail for *(_at_)yourdomain(_dot_)tld and
your
ISP, in a fit or moronocity, combined all those infinite addressess
into a single email account.  There is a solution for this, get a
better ISP.

--
<http://2blog.kreme.com/>