Sorting by email addresses

2005-10-08 20:40:15
         I'm curious what I need to put in my procmail file to take mail
destined for a given user and sort it into the appropriate mailbox on the
server.  Right now fetchmail pulls all our mail from a central ISP mailbox
and dumps it into one mailbox here on the local mail server.  I'd like to
be able to take mail messages destined for specific users and dump those
messages into their individual mailboxes on the mail server.

         So like if a message is addressed to "bob(_at_)raiden(_dot_)net" it
would get
sorted into bob's inbox and he could then pop it directly from the
server.  I'm assuming that mail would then be sorted based on spam or other
criteria from there so that any spam that is filtered for "bob" would go
into his own spam folder on the server.  If not, is there something special
I'd have to do to make that happen as well?

Steven Lake
-Owner/Webmaster
Raiden's Realm
www.raiden.net

Come see "Monk" the comic strip and laugh till you die!  :)
http://www.raiden.net/Monk/