Re: greenlist.dat

2005-10-17 08:42:46

I am converting my procmail rules to use a greenlist rather than
explicitly listing "allow" entries in my procmail rules.  So I have the
rule

:0
* ? formail -xFrom: | /usr/bin/fgrep -i -f /home/cbar44/.procmail/greenlist.dat
{ KEEPER=yes }

and greenlist.dat has lots 'o entries as opposed to lots and lots of

:0
*$ ^From:(_dot_)email(_at_)that(_dot_)I(_dot_)want(_dot_)to(_dot_)allow
{ KEEPER=yes }

In my procmail rule file.

My problem is how to deal with spaces in the string to match.  When it was
in my procmail rules, I escaped the space with a backslash.  However, from
my logs I see

Executing " formail -xFrom: | /usr/bin/fgrep -i -f
/home/cbar44/.procmail/greenlist.dat"
procmail: Program failure (1) of " formail -xFrom: | /usr/bin/fgrep -i -f
/home/cbar44/.procmail/greenlist.dat"

and the message is not trapped.

I have changed the entry to put single quotes around the line with a space
in it as the fgrep man page suggests.  I still get the program failure
error in my log and the message is not trapped.  Other entries work fine,
so I have temporarily moved my entries with spaces in them to the bottom
of the file.  How do you put an entry in a greenlist that has a space in
it?

| Christopher L. Barnard         O     When I was a boy I was told that |
| cbarnard(_at_)tsg(_dot_)cbot(_dot_)com         / \    anybody could become
president.  |
| (312) 347-4901               O---O   Now I'm beginning to believe it. |
| http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/~cbarnard                --Clarence Darrow |
+----------PGP public key available via finger or PGP keyserver---------+