Re: greenlist.dat

2005-10-21 08:58:56
OK.  That was poorly worded.  Lemmie try again.

The fgrep I am using does not have a -w switch.  What does it do?

Okay.  (Please don't top-post.)

You will almost certainly find it explained in the man page for regular
grep, then, as it's entirely usual to find there.

Sorry about the top-post.  This is the only mailing list I'm on that
requsted responses at the bottom...

I still have a problem.  The very first line in my greenlist file is, as
you would expect
cbot.com

however, someone sent me email this morning to
"Christopher Barnard" <cbar44(_at_)TSG(_dot_)CBOT(_dot_)COM>

and it went into my garbage folder.  Investigating in my logs:

procmail: Executing " formail -xFrom: | /usr/bin/fgrep -ei -f
/home/cbar44/.procmail/greenlist.dat"
procmail: Program failure (1) of " formail -xFrom: | /usr/bin/fgrep -ei -f
/home/cbar44/.procmail/greenlist.dat"

Why would this generate a Program failure in formail?

Christopher