Re: greenlist.dat

2005-10-21 12:04:35

On Fri, October 21, 2005 1:40 pm, Christopher L. Barnard said:
[snip]
procmail: Program failure (1) of " formail -xFrom: | /usr/bin/fgrep -ei
-f
/home/cbar44/.procmail/greenlist.dat"

Er, you should READ the grep manpage.  Your use of -e is woefully
incorrect
here.

Er, you should read this mailing list.  My use of -e here is to solve
another problem that I was having with my greenlist and was explicitly
suggested by another user on this list.

on my system man fgrep shows that -e wants an argument (pattern) while -i
is a case-insensitvity state. Your -ei is going to look for an "i"; is
that what you want?

Yeah, I believe that the -e and -f flags can have an arguement and
the others do not.  So the -e and -f need to be separate, but other flags
can be included.  So "-i -e [arg] -f [arg]" is the same as
"-ie [arg] -f [arg]" as "-e [arg] -fi [arg]"....

Christopher