Re: re-writing sendmail Received: headers

2005-11-27 01:59:15
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 01:51:05 -0600 J Moore <jaymo(_at_)cullmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

re-write Received: headers [...] I've decided to try procmail for the job.
[...] before I launched in this direction, I was hoping to get some
assurances that it's not an extremely ambitious undertaking to do this.

I'll not be the one to help you as my procmail skills are rudimentary at
best.

But, I can tell you now that before you get a good answer to that question
you will need to resend your message with a description of what,
*specifically*, you wish to do to the headers. If you want to alter a few
bytes of only specific Received: headers or if you want to insert
completely new (and properly formatted) Received: headers or a combination
of alteration and insertion and deletion and ...

How difficult the task is depends on the specifics and cannot be determined
by a generalized statement of need.

G2