Re: BOGUS when using symlink for mbox

2005-11-30 12:54:48
Leslie Herps schreef:

OK...
But...

I'm still having this problem.

Do you try to communicate that there is no non-linked user owned file
(or maybe folder) around? Because that is needed to 'fool' the ORGMAIL
symlink check.

From your original post: "On my system, a users mbox may be a symlink;
since I use OpenWebmail."
I read that to mean that all users have a proper $HOME with a proper
~/mail folder, but maybe I am reading to much in that.
If ~/mail/ is hard, you can use
  ORGMAIL=$HOME/mail/
  DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL

From 'man procmailrc':

If /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME is a bogus mailbox [...]
procmail will upon startup try to rename it into a file  starting  with
`BOGUS.$LOGNAME.'  and ending in an inode-sequence-code.  If this turns
out to be impossible, ORGMAIL will have no  initial  value,  and  hence
will inhibit delivery without a proper rcfile.

So another way may be to make sure that ORGMAIL gets no initial value.
And then give it one in /etc/procmailrc.

Now, is there no way to remove the symlink check?
So I just disable that in the code?

But why, if a standard procmail with a simple /etc/procmailrc would do.

Some list messages on the same subject:
http://info.ccone.at/INFO/Mail-Archives/procmail/Jun-2003/msg00242.html

http://hypermail.linklord.com/procmail.old/2001/Jul/0066.html
"A symbolic link from /var/spool/mail to /usr/spool/mail would work"

Here is a another type of workaround mentioned:
http://www.freebsdhowtos.com/42.html
"remove the leading /* from MAILSPOOLHOME"

--
Grtz, Ruud