Re: IMAP

2006-01-10 12:56:19
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, ecocode wrote:

e> Hi,
e>
e> I'm currently using procmail in a usual way with a mail client. Using
e> getmail for getting mail from different pop servers and sorting with
e> procmail.
e> I'd like to port my mail on a local IMAP server. Is this possible with
e> procmail ?
e> Which IMAP server would be the best for this ?
e>

Isn't it just a matter of putting

imap2   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  imapd

in /etc/inetd.conf?

I'm sure that is all I did.  It finds mail in /var/spool/mail/<username>
and in ~/mail/.  Presumably these paths are compiled in.  Running "strings
/usr/sbin imapd" tells me it is from the University of Washington.  That
one comes with Pine I believe.

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )