Re: IMAP

2006-01-12 23:36:41
On 09 Jan 2006, at 23:42 , ecocode wrote:
I'm currently using procmail in a usual way with a mail client. Using
getmail for getting mail from different pop servers and sorting with
procmail.
I'd like to port my mail on a local IMAP server. Is this possible with
procmail ?

Procmail just delivers mail.  How you retrieve mail is largely up to
you.

Which IMAP server would be the best for this ?

"best" is loaded.

uw-iamp is small, easy to configure, and works.  Some people find
it's feature set lacking, but it supports mbox which is a plus for
many.  Courier is larger, more temperamental, and uses maildir, which
is a plus for many more people.

There's also cyrus and exim, but I have no personal experience with
either.  Exim seems to have a rather fanatical cult following though....

--
...in the long run there's still time to change the road you're on