Re: procmail with mutt

2006-01-13 14:38:39
Yup -- I have procmailrc OK but mutt refuses to read the messages.  I
think that mutt doesn't recognize the messages for some reason

On 1/13/06, Jason Helfman <jhelfman(_at_)truecredit(_dot_)com> wrote:
I am not using procmail right now, but as I recall, you need to use a
.procmailrc in your home directory, and then just type mutt -f /var/mail/me,
however if you have your home directory configured correctly in .muttrc, you
can just type "mutt"

You may be able to use an alternative .procmailrc file, but you may need to
specify it differently.

-Jason

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 03:38:19PM -0500, Gerald Britton thus spake:
Can anyone tell me the right way to get procmail working with mutt?  I
have procmailrc set up like this:

$ cat /etc/procmailrc
# Use mbox-style mailbox in FHS standard directory
DEFAULT=/var/mail/$LOGNAME
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail

I also have my userid set up as a directory under /var/mail/.
However, when I send myself an E-mail, I get something like this:

$ ls /var/mail/me/
msg.7QdS  msg.ChmU  msg.MSbU  msg.V_WF  msg.amXT  msg.ikDB  msg.sXSF
msg.sXbU  msg.uWtL  msg.wWtL  msg.x3cS

If I try to read this with mutt, like this

mutt -f /var/mail/me -m mbox

I get the message from mutt:

/var/mail/me/ is not a mailbox.

Does anyone know what's going on

--
148D 5CC5 2A04 852D 53DC  727F 386F 9068 B3A2 9D47